Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 8, 2014

jose gonzales. far away & cycling trivialities. [songs]

jose gonzales' music always takes me back to a time when i was fighting severe panic attacks. its monotone yet beautiful melodies and the repetitiveness calmed me down while the somehow earthy quality of the songs kept me in a weird way - that i cannot explain adequately - connected to the world around me. it felt as if the songs evoked an echo inside my on body, ensuring my existence. 


for the longest time afterwards i chose to ignore the existence of the songs that were so vital for me during those weeks and months in order to leave all the memory behind me and it was just last week when i stumbled over joni mitchell's song "the priest" whilst working out. twenty long seconds i reveled at the "rediscovery" of jose gonzales' music and it was only after those seconds, filled with seeming familiarity, that i realized abrupty that i was mistaken and i recognized joni mitchells voice. i am glad that she made me fall in love with jose gonzales' songs again. they are now not songs anymore that are needed so as to survive but reminders of what i have overcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment